Wednesday, December 22, 2010

'Tis the Season for Sharing

Last weekend Mom and I froze our butts off outside the local Walmart Super Center as Bell Ringers for the Salvation Army. Unfortunately for Mom, her big butt found its way back. Bad for her, "butt" good for me because it makes a wonderful pillow when I'm snuggled up to her in bed. She says she hates it, but I know differently.

Newman begs for contributions

All joking aside, we really had a wonderful time with our fellow Dog Scouts "ringing in" what will soon be a New Year and helping those less fortunate than we are. It's a crazy world when Mom debated whether or not it was politically correct to say, "Merry Christmas!" for fear it might offend someone.

As our astute Scout Leader Ms. Ann pointed out, Christmas is a federal holiday in the United States. Quite frankly, not many people cared what was coming out of our humans' mouths. They were much more impressed by Rowdy's bell-ringing and dollar-collecting abilities, as well as my tolerance of wearing a Santa hat.

Rowdy rolls in the dough while I pose for a photo with my cousin Ally

Wishing you and your families a very Merry Christmas! There, I said it and I'm doggone proud of it!

No comments: