Monday, April 4, 2011

Canine Causes


I just want to say thank you to everyone who generously donated to Mom's "cause" for her birthday.

Not that I am one to toot my own horn, but I feel it's my duty as a young aspiring philanthropist to let everyone know how easy it is to solicit and receive funds for your very own cause. While Mom was busy tailoring my sports coat for my upcoming appearance at the American Boxer Club National Show in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky, I highjacked her Facebook account and set up a Birthday Wish through Causes to raise funds for a charity new and dear to our heart, Adopt A Boxer Rescue.

Causes is the world’s largest platform for activism and philanthropy which empowers individuals to create grassroots communities called “causes” that take action on behalf of a specific issue or nonprofit organization.

Setting up a Birthday Wish through Causes was a way for me to make Mom's birthday special by helping to make a difference for boxers in need. If you have a birthday coming up soon or just have a cause that you'd like to help promote, I encourage you to visit Causes.com. It only takes a few minutes to set up but the rewards reaped are remarkable. We raised $135 for AABR with only a few strokes of the keyboard.

An extra special thank you to the following people for making Mom's birthday extra special by supporting our Cause! You gals and guys rock!
  • Ellen and Baxter Cohen
  • Ted Fickes, Ginny Shames & The Arriba Talisman Clan
  • Debbe Keagy Fry and Cherry Frye
  • Carol and Reese McGuire
  • Grammy Lee Morris, Uncle Mark & The Katandy Kids
  • The Nannettis -- Sara, Rick, Knox, Blush, Torch & Envy

No comments: