Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Night Yappy Hour


What's a pup to do in the Outer Barks on a Friday afternoon while waiting for Hurricane Hanna to roll in besides watch Jim Cantore yammer on about the severe conditions on the Weather Channel? Host a Yappy Hour!

It just so happens that my fuzzy cuzzins, Hannah and Cooter, some of the biggest yappers in the world, were also vacationing in the OBX less than five miles from Rog and me. So, we picked up the phone and invited them over for drinks and hors d'oeuvres.

Whether it was out of familial obligation or just plain boredom, Hannah and Cooter gladly accepted the invite and very graciously partook of the complimentary munchies provided by the Lobster Lounge which included wedges of beef flavored RedBarn, chunks of cheddar cheese, and yummy yogurt drops artistically arranged in a smiling sun-shaped face.

Although Yappy Hour is an excellent time to meet new friends, unlike Rog who met a cute little French bitch named Stella, I have yet to encounter any bitches to my liking. However, I have a feeling that if I am lucky enough to ever get any tail, I will have very little say in that matter because it will be one of those prearranged deals - a very small price to pay for being able to keep the family jewels.

No comments: