Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Birth of a Beach Bully

Being a connoisseur of fine art that I am, I decided to peruse a few art galleries while vacationing in the Outer Banks. I was immediately drawn to a breathtaking piece portraying Sandro Botticelli's painting The Birth of Venus, depicting the goddess Venus emerging from the sea as a full grown woman. 

The Birth of Venus

Knowing that the original painting is held in the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, I discerned that this portrait had to be a reproduction of the famed Italian's masterpiece. However, overcome by its astounding beauty, I couldn't shake the desire to have the piece for my own collection. Not wanting to have the "wool pulled over my eyes," I called a reliable art authenticator in the area who confirmed that the painting was an original and well worth the price tag that was being asked. So without batting another Boxer eye, I put a call into my broker who transferred the money to Seaside Art Gallery and I am now the proud owner of The Birth of a Beach Bully

The Birth of a Beach Bully

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Poor Thelma Lou! But she does look even more beautiful than that other piece of arework! LOL!

AUNTIE CAROL said...

PAM, Thelma Lou Played Mermaid In Splash & Just Revised Her Role In Pirates Of The Carribean LOL
You & Steveo Are Rolling In Dough!!
I want To Be Her Agent Do You Hear Me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frenchie Maintenance Supervisor said...

Holy Clam-o-lies! That's one priceless piece of art! :-)