Friday, April 25, 2008

Relay for Life


This entry is dedicated to my friend Ginny Blake who will once again be walking in the American Cancer Society’s “Relay for Life.” As many of you may know, Ginny is a cancer survivor determined to let nothing get her down, especially cancer!

If you aren’t aware, “Relay for Life” is a life-changing event that brings together more than 3.5 million people to:

* Celebrate the lives of those who have battled cancer.
* Remember loved ones lost to the disease.
* Fight Back against a disease that takes too much.

Dad, Ginny and me

Thanks to supporters like you, last year Ginny raised $3,640 – making her the top individual fundraiser for Carlisle! I beg of you to consider digging out your checkbook to help Ginny become “Top Dog” once again this year.

I’ve “put my money where my mouth is,” and have made a personal contribution of $100.

Please join me in supporting Ginny in her campaign against cancer. No gift is too small, and all are deeply appreciated.

Checks should be made payable to the “American Cancer Society.” Contributions should be sent to Newman's Niche, 1167 Centerville Road, Newville, PA 17241, where Ginny will fetch them before her walk on May 30th.
Thanks in advance for your generous support.

Newman ~ aspiring young philanthropist

No comments: