Monday, September 6, 2010

Life in the Outer Barks

Crashed on the couch after day one

Well, we're on day three on the OBX and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous with more predicted for the rest of the week. Even though the vacation got off to a "ruff" start with Hurricane Earl chasing vacationers out the day before our arrival, we've met a lot of really nice people and are having an awesome time.

McCool - Got Sand?

I don't know if we embarrass Roger, if he has a crush on one of the girls in the group next to us, or if he just thinks it's cool to hang out with bunch of people from DC, but he's adopted a surrogate family who he chooses to hang with most of the day.

Move your feet, lose your seat

M&D love the fact that beaches here are dog-friendly. However, one thing we've noticed is that some owners aren't as responsible and ignore cleaning up after their four-legged friends. As a Dog Scout, this doesn't sit well with me. However, it does present me with the opportunity to work on my Clean Up America II Dog Scout (DSA) badge. So far, I've collected and documented three stray piles left by irresponsible owners. I always carry at least two bags on my canine -- one for my droppings, and one to offer to someone who looks like they aren't going to clean up their friend.

Documentation for my Clean Up America II badge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pup is AWESOME CUTE!!!

Love aunt jules