Thursday, March 27, 2008

The White Lie

After returning from lunch today, I received the following email message from my Aunt Cathy about a boxer that she had just seen.




Dear Newman ~ I just had to tell you that I when I was at the doctor's office today, a man pulled into the parking space beside me and, low and behold, there was a white boxer sitting in the front seat of the car. Not knowing for sure the breed of the peculiar pup, I asked the owner, 'What kind of dog is that, sir?'

Proud as a peacock, the man puffed out his chest and confirmed what I thought ... that his K-9 friend was, in fact, a boxer. He continued by saying that the dog was the only one in a litter of seven and that they are very rare.

Love ~ Aunt Cathy B.

____________________________________________________

Dear Aunt Cathy ~ I do not doubt that you did see a white boxer. However, let me set the record straight. They are not rare by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, they are very common. My late sister Beulah Ruth had two all-white siblings.

Love ~ Newman

____________________________________________________

5 Quick White Boxer FAQ's

1. White boxers are not rare.
2. White boxers are not albinos.
3. White boxers can sunburn easily.
4. White boxers can be registered. But, the white boxer does not meet the American Boxer Club's standard. The members code of ethics states that it is a infraction to register with the American Kennel Club a boxer of any color not allowed by the standard.
5. Check boxers are whites that have spots of fawn or brindle on them.

No comments: